Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Hold On For One More Day

As I am walking this road lately, God keeps reminding me....He was calling me here before I ever knew it.  He was preparing me before I ever sensed it.  He was placing dreams and promises in my heart before I even knew what He was asking....My words, my thoughts, my declarations.....and now as He takes me back I see them.  I see His Hand.  I hear His whispers......for days like today.  Days when this seems like the Mount Everest of tasks.  Faith.  Belief.  Sacrifice. Perseverance.  Patience.  Choosing obedience.  Choosing the best for the sake another.

February 15, 2012

I saw this definition come across my computer screen. It's one of those little answers to the big questions I have been asking God of late. Why? How long? This is painful....this makes no sense to me....... And so when I came across this simplest of words and read it's definition, the meaning resounded loud and clear in my heart. Okay Lord, I hear You. Is it an answer to all my questions? No it isn't, but then He never promised to explain to me all the "whys", He just promised me He would always be the answer.

Endurance

The ability to withstand hardship or adversity...Because I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

The ability to sustain a prolonged or stressful effort or activity....Because God is my refuge and fortress. An ever present help in time of trouble.

The ability to undergo without giving in....Because the Lord will renew my strength if I do not grow weary.

To regard with acceptance and tolerance....Because God gives me the peace that passes all understanding.

To continue on in the same state.....Because I am content in whatever state I am in because He will supply all my needs.

To remain firm without yielding....Because His ways are not my ways. He calls me to lean not on my own understanding. In all my ways I must acknowledge Him and HE will make straight my path.

To last...Because God says NEVER will I leave you, NEVER will I forsake you.

No comments:

Post a Comment