Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Strong Tower

Faithful.  I struggle with that word.  It feels impossible, yet it is what He has called me to.  The words that are used to describe it are piercing to me.  They are strong words.  Sure words.  Unmoving words.

steadfast in affection or allegiance : loyal
 
firm in adherence to promises or in observance of duty : conscientious
 
given with strong assurance : binding <a faithful promise>
 
true to the facts, to a standard, or to an original <a faithful copy>
 
All of these things describe what He has called me to on this journey of mine.  But as I really let it sink in, these are all the things He is to me when I look past my fears and doubts.  He is loyal.  He is conscientious.  He is binding.  Bound.  That is how I can describe my feelings at times.  But bound by things He never meant to hold me.  I need to be reminded that He has bound me to Him, to His promises, not to the things that have held me captive, seperated from Him.  Being bound to sin is death.  Being bound to Him is life. 
 
He is fatihful.  Not one word returns void.  And as I give Him more and more of my heart, my life, my soul, He shows Himself as the One who never goes back on His promises.  Never fails.  Never leaves.  Never forsakes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment