Friday, April 5, 2013

The Beginning, Even Though It Feels Like The End

Such an interesting place God has brought me back to.  Sometimes to remember the good, the blessings, we come across the painful and the not so great times.  But we must not stay here, we must not dwell.  These are the times when we praise Him, even if it's through tears.  That we are not who we once were, we are not where we once were.  That we can see His hand and be certain of this very simple truth.  He will not leave us.  He will not forsake us.  Even when we feel like there is no hope left, no good to be found, keep going.  Keep trusting.  Keep praying.


March 26, 2012

I've been pondering a lot lately resurrection. The resurrection of things, situations, circumstance, God. And in truth, this is the part we want to look at, the end result, the fruition of a promise. But how do we get to that point? How do we get TO the resurrection? Well, death.

As much as I am not afraid of a physical death, I know Who holds my very soul, it's the other types that seem to strike such fear in my heart at times I can hardly breathe. Why? I can trust the very Maker of this earth with my soul for eternity, but struggle so much with everyday circumstance.

In order for a resurrection to take place, there must be a death. We see this everyday. A flower is bloomed because the seed died and gave forth to new life. A relationship died and seemed buried beneath so much pain heartache and bad decision, that it could never possibly remain. All the life, all that it was, dead. Buried. Gone.

And then it happens. The old, the seed, died. All the hurts, all the mis-truths, all the failures, all the wrongs....gone. And when Christ breathes life into it again, it becomes something new. Something unseen before, something beautiful, something larger, something stronger, something with purpose. Something resurrected.

Lord, help me trust you when I have days of such unbelief. You who rolled away the stone, can do it again. Help me to remember that You, and You alone, are in control. And help me remember that when my pain is great and I am so weak, that is when Lord, You are strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment