Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Weight Of It All

Galatians 6:1-3 MSG
[ Nothing but the Cross ] Live creatively, friends. If someone falls into sin, forgivingly restore him, saving your critical comments for yourself. You might be needing forgiveness before the day’s out. Stoop down and reach out to those who are oppressed. Share their burdens, and so complete Christ’s law. If you think you are too good for that, you are badly deceived.

Burdens.  They have surrounded me lately.  Pressing in on me until I fear I can't breathe.  And As I pray, God keeps reminding me to bear the burdens of others.  Some days I get angry about that.  Why Lord? Don't You see what I am carrying?  He does.  And He wants me to lay mine down.  You see when we bear anothers burden, we are not attached to it.  We can easily take it to Him and lay it down at His feet.  We are not asking for anything in selfish motive, only God's will. 

It helps me take the focus off myself, see others in their pain, and puts my own burdens in perspective.  It is humbling at times to see how far God has brought me.  It reminds me of how much grace and forgiveness I have needed and still need.  It helps me die to self.  Do the things for others you want done for you.  Love the way you want to be loved.  Forgive the way you want to be forgiven.  Pray for others the way you need to be prayed for.  Sow the seeds into those around you that you so desperately need.  That has been my lesson in the past 15 months.  That is the work God has set me to. When we come to Him with open hands He can take and we can recieve.  And when we carry the load of those around us, there is no room to hold our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment