Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Instruction Manuals

Isaiah 48:17

The Voice (VOICE)
17 The Eternal One, who rescued you, the Holy One of Israel declares,
Eternal One: I am the Eternal One your God. I have given you My instruction
for living well and right, leading you in how you should be and do.

I stared at my phone early this morning.  One eye opened, the other one was too offended by the light to cooperate.  Go to sleep praying, wake up praying.....what is this place Lord? Seriously.....and His words to me were very simple.  The verse above.  Keep going.  One foot in front of the other.  Breathe.  I'm quite proficient at this actually.....

So I processed this verse as I sat in bed, had coffee....I looked it up in my Bible....my oldest friend.  And as much as that verse speaks to where I am and what He has been talking to me about...oh...the next two verses...they just settled in.

18 If only you had listened to My instruction,
then you would have been flooded with peace;
Your righteousness would have risen and crested like waves on the sea.
19 Your people would have multiplied to become like the grains of sand,
and your children would be like grains of wheat.
And they would be forever in My mind and My presence.
Living wrong has consequences.  But I am so desperately thankful that so does living right.  I didn't get to where I was overnight, so in finding my way back, it probably should be no surprise, the journey is not quick and painless.  When we seek Him with our whole heart, we will find Him.  When we seek to do His will above all else, He honors that.  It may not always be the easy way.  In fact, I promise you, it sure won't be.  But it is the best choice. Thankful.











No comments:

Post a Comment