Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Perfect 10


I should tell you, in case you are wondering, that I am speaking from a place of been there done that, so please never think that I have any room to cast judgments.  You see I’m THAT girl.  The rebellious one, the one who goes head long off a cliff for the wrong thing, but shrinks back in fear when I might possibly do it the right way.  I have broken every single commandment.  So there is no room in this girls words to ever look at another and think “well I never”….cause, well, I have.  What I do want to share with you is God’s grace in my own life, His forgiveness, His mercy.  And now you are probably wondering what kind of hardened criminal is this girl?!?!  Sometimes when we view God’s directives, we have a mindset of what they are in big bold letters……but really God writes to us about a lot in the fine print.  Let me explain, and I hope you will forgive me or at the very least, be mildly amused, at my choice of words for remembering the commandments. I’ve spent all of my big girl years being a mom and hanging out with preschoolers for my day job :) Come join me tomorrow when I start to share my story, one Commandment at a time.

The 10 Commandments – An Elementary Breakdown
Number 1, we’ve just begun God should be first in your life,
Number 2’s  the idol rule, those graven images aren’t nice,
Number 3 God’s Name should be, NEVER spoken in jest,
Number 4 the Sabbaths’ for our worship and for rest.
Number 5 we all should strive to honor father and mother,
Number 6  don’t get your kicks from killing one another.
Number 7  life is Heaven when your true to your mate,
Number 8  don’t steal and break this rule for goodness sake!
Number 9 don’t be the kind who goes around telling lies,
Number 10 don’t covet when you see your neighbor’s house or wife.
It’s the list that God insists you make a part of your life, 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10 and that’s the end  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment