Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Pieces

Psalm 119:114

The Voice (VOICE)
114 You are my hiding place and my shield of protection;
I hope in Your word.


Hiding.  The thing that comes to mind is to get lost in...Hiding in You Lord, You are my shield....and when I do this, I can find my hope Your Word.  To get lost in Him is to be found.  The deeper we press in the less lost we actually become.  The last few days He has been pressing me further into His Word....past the "surface" as it is, for me....past the verses I have already hidden in my heart.....this "new thing" that is springing up, it's pulling me deeper into who He is...who I am in Him.  And I realized something so beautiful...

I lay literally crying on the floor so many night last week, the breaking almost an unbearable weight.  What is this?!?!?! WHY am I here Lord? I do not understand.  I'm seeking You, I can't bring to mind anything unconfessed that would warrant such breaking.....

In my mind, breaking has been a negative.  Something that comes after a time when I have walked away, built up walls....but wait...anytime He wants us to know Him more deeply, it will require a breaking, in our spirit, to our flesh, why? There are times that a breaking must occur for things to be reset and there are also times when in the breaking, things are multiplied.....

This breaking was to bring me to a deeper healing, to reset old thoughts and assumptions and at the same time, I needed to be broken to share the pieces of what I have learned on this journey.  You cannot share what you hold onto tightly.  Let me have these pieces....He said to me.  Let go...

Speak the words that others need to hear....that you need to hear...both will bring healing.  But you have to be breakable, moldable to let the words He is speaking through you change you as they come.  And so I can hide in Him and in my vulnerable state He will shield me and give me hope as I read His word and know that He never fails.  Thankful.




No comments:

Post a Comment