Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Reaping

Good comes to all who are gracious and share freely; they conduct their affairs with
sound judgment.       
 
I want to believe this verse.  I do.  I want to believe that the good outweighs the bad.  I want to be able to have the faith that knows God will deliver on His promises.  Because mostly, I have no problem believing that God will exact His punishment and judgement for the things I have done wrong, but can't quite wrap my mind around the fact that He promises a good reward for walking in obedience.  It's my perfectionist performance personality that gets in my way.  When I make a misstep, I have no problem assuming God will not spare the rod. I have an equally hard time seeing that He doesn't withhold any good thing from those who love Him and obey Him. 
 
So, as I was reading over what I had written yesterday, my words caught my attention....no thank you, the cost of that is too high for me.... I am adopting that statement today when the wrong thoughts pierce my mind and grip me so tightly I feel like I can't breath.  No thank you.  The cost of those thoughts, that way of thinking, that mindset is more than I can afford.  And I have paid such a high price already for traveling paths that offer less than His best.  No thank you.  Thankful.








No comments:

Post a Comment