Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday....

Job 19:25

Good News Translation (GNT)
25 But I know there is someone in heaven
who will come at last to my defense.

It's a miserable to feel defenseless.  To feel like your hands are tied, and as if you have no voice,no say, no way of defending yourself.  The last few weeks have brought me to this place.  I have had to remind myself over and over again that it is He who is in charge of me, my reputation and my defense.  Because when I attempt to do these things in my own strength, I am sure to get it wrong.....

The quiet that used to terrify me is a bit uncomfortable, but not like it used to be.  I have been fighting Him bringing me back here.  Unsure of its purpose and all I could do was remember what and why He brought me here the last time....I didn't think I could stand up under that again.  So here I sit, and I have learned to wait just a little more graciously I suppose, maybe not, but the alternative is really not an option.  And there are times when He needs to get my attention.  There is one verse that will make me stop, make me cry, make me know that He is right here..It's the very first verse He gave to me so very long ago.  1999.  It was as I took my very first step into this journey that is His calling on my life...He's calling me into that again I know.  And it scares the ever lovin' crap out of me.  So today, as He whispered it to me yet again, I'll share it with you.  Sometimes He has to take us back to the beginning, back to where we started, to remind us of how far we have come.  Trust Him today.  Nothing else.  And when you can't see a hands length in front of you and you don't know which way to go, then just worship Him.  He sees you.  He hears you.  Thankful.

Jeremiah 29:11(NIV)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
 
 


 







No comments:

Post a Comment