Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday Scripture

Psalm 55:22

Amplified Bible (AMP)
22 Cast your burden on the Lord [releasing the weight of it] and He will sustain you; He will never allow the [consistently] righteous to be moved (made to slip, fall, or fail).
 
This was my verse this morning.  The word that keeps leaping out at me is consistent.  The consistently righteous.
 
Adjective
  1. (of a person, behavior, or process) Unchanging in achievement or effect over a period of time.
  2. Compatible or in agreement with something: "injuries consistent with falling".
 
And when I looked up the definition, I can relate to line two all too well.  Sometimes I get injuries that are consistent with my continuing something that I know He has strictly said....Walk away....and I don't.  I think....I hear You, but I just keeping on walking headlong off this cliff....
 
So what is the answer? Get back up.  Be consistent.  Because consistent is a process.  If it wasn't, we would not be here.  If He was done with us, then I believe our time would be up.  I am consistently learning that He has me, that He will only allow so much before He steps in.  That I'm that kid who seems to take the hard road.....but I'm learning, when I hear Him, STOP.  Turn around.  Sooner than later.  Seek Him.  Cast your burden. Be consistent.  Even when you fall, consistently get back up.  It's never too late, or too far, or to great a mountain or hurdle.  He's got this.  He's got you.  Get back up.  Thankful.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment