Monday, July 29, 2013

You've Got A Friend

Proverbs 18:24

Good News Translation (GNT)
24 Some friendships do[a] not last, but some friends are more loyal than brothers.

I'm humbled to say that in my life I have this.  It makes me blessed.  I have those in my life that have seen me at my worst and bend down to pick me up for the umpteenth time and say... let's get you cleaned up...they have loved me through the ugliest things a person can imagine, we have been bound by what has destroyed others, they have seen me make a fool of myself, make bad decisions, make worse decisions to try and fix my bad decisions, laugh with me, cry with me, be quiet with me, open the door at 11 pm at night to sit on the steps and wipe my tears, been a safe place, fed me, let me take a nap when I couldn't handle one more thing, let God speak through chicken nuggets and tater tots, texted me if only to say I love you and we will begin again tomorrow......They are family to me.  They know ALL my junk and still choose to love me.  Because love is a choice.  People will always let you down, even if they don't mean to or don't even know they have done it.  And I am learning that sometimes the grace I tend to withhold from someone else is the very grace that was extended to me at some point in time, by God, by others.  So it makes me grateful today to know that in my life, God has blessed me with the ones who say wow, you totally bombed...wanna go get coffee?  Not to discount the actions or the consequences, but to simply state that regardless of the actions or the consequences, I'm here.  I'm not leaving you.  We will walk this together.  Thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment