Monday, July 8, 2013

The Weight of Less

Proverbs 15:16

The Voice (VOICE)
16 It is better to live with less and honor the Eternal
than to have riches and carry the burdens that come with them.
 
My verse this morning is a reminder....of where I have come from, where I am, where I am going.  There are times when I have had everything I wanted, yet keeping it all cost me dearly.  I have spent to avoid feeling things, accepted less than God's best in order to not be alone, overstretched what I knew was affordable, only to feel stressed, used, worse than what I had began with. 
 
And so in this state of uncomfortable, this place of not having exactly what I desire, I can look around and see what I do have and truly, it may be perceived as "less" in ways the world looks at it, but from an eternal perspective, it's definitely more.  When you live within what God gives you, the stress and burdens are light.  When obedience is the main goal, then all else will fall into place.
 
That is not an easy task when you are struggling.  Believing.  Hoping.  Waiting patiently.....sigh....yet I know, His ways are best.  Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment