Sunday, December 29, 2013

One

It's been a few days.  The children came home early from their trip much to my joy and surprise and my Christmas was truly complete.  My gift, the gift of peace in this weary girl's body.  I have been wondering just what in the world God will do with all this.  2012 was a year of putting pen to paper.  In 2013, He asked me to put my fingers back on the keyboard.  That has changed my life in ways I never imagined.  The words He gave me to title my blog fit ever so snugly in my heart.  I am truly what it says, I am a girl that has seen sorrow, but oh, what a lovely thing He did when I let Him have His way.  And when I look back at it all I realize, that was just the foundational stuff, the beginning of what He wants to do in my life.  Two whole years it has been.  Some days I wonder how, how Lord, did I survive this?  He held me.  I know that.  But the beauty that has come back this year, not without pain and sorrow and struggle, but in the midst of it all. This year, learning to do the hard work when He asks me to.  Learning that if He asks, then it has purpose.  So I have slowed down.  I have been quiet.  I have had the gift of spending time with family, with friends and letting Him show me grace.  I have seen the beautiful gift of togetherness spring up in my children and in this very space we call our home.  I have seen miracles.  My word, that hunted me down and settled itself as a seed.  My word, that would be the answer I so desperately sought.  My word, that He planted long ago if I am honest.  The word that I was everything but.  The word that is how I want to live each day for the rest of my days.  Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment