Sunday, October 18, 2015

Day 17 - Walk

Sometimes you have to go it alone. Let go of it all, leave the familiar behind and just go. I had to do it once before. It was thrust upon me and it was sink or swim. And I was terrified. And it took me three weeks to get my bearings. Three weeks. I had a choice. Go the way that would bring instant relief but was guaranteed to not be a lasting solution or turn back to the way I knew. The way that was calling me. The One they was calling me. I sat there in the middle of the floor with literally no tears left. And for the first time in 23 days had the urge to turn on the television. His voice was one I knew. I didn't look up, but I didn't have to. The words he spoke were salvation washing all over my heart. He was preaching from Isaiah. Chapter 40. Then he came to the 31st. Those that wait on the Lord will renew their strength... And there it was. There it was. I could breath. He was speaking to me and I knew I had a choice. And I told Him I would do it His way no matter the cost. And that was the the hardest decision I had ever made. But then in a way it was the easiest. I had nothing left to loose. And sometimes that where we have to be for Him to get our attention. Nothing left but Him. No one for us but Him. And here I am. I don't regret that Saturday night decision. It change my life in a way I never dreamed. It changed me. Thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment