Thursday, October 8, 2015

Day 8 - Balance

I am prone to meltdowns. When I get to the point of complete exhaustion and overwhelm, I cry. Simple as that. It my overflow. It lets me know that this is truly the place I have to stop. I felt it coming yesterday. I tend to be harder on myself than anyone else would be. I expect more than I am capable of and then I wonder why I fall apart. I was thinking this this morning of how it was when I took over the office of my families business. I had one week to learn it all. Then I was on my own. And I spent two months in tears. I was exhausted. Many late nights were had trying to find literal cents. Because it has to balance. All of it. The numbers have to align. What I have forgotten lately is that like those numbers, my soul needs to align with the One Who is my balance. He's the bottom line. And just like He's answered my prayers in a very unlikely way for the last four Falls, each time requires me to come back to center. To balance myself again against the only One Who is truly enough   Thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment