Saturday, October 31, 2015

Day 31 - Begin Again

I love numbers. That's a good thing. It's what I do at work. It's what keeps things in check at home. There is a finite answer with numbers. And it doesn't change. Comfort for a planner like me. Change is not something I have ever done well. But three years ago that all, well, changed. I woke up that 31st day of the 10th month of the longest year of my entire life and it was my very first day one. This year the change and transition rivaled that one with a vengeance. Seriously. The only difference is I am not the girl I was. He saw to that. He knew. He always knows. And I woke this morning on the 31st day of the 10th month with the knowledge that it's my day one again. The old has passed. So let it go. That journey is done. So set it down and don't look back. I have one week, grace if you will, then on to face this life of mine. He does that. Leads us beside still waters. Restores us. Then forward. You can't go back the way you came. Next weekend will find me running my half marathon for this year. I know Him well enough to know that these events, big thing challenges and obstacles in my physical life serve as a reminder of Who He is and what He is doing in my spiritual life. Part of me is terrified. Part of me is excited. Because what comes from those hard experiences is beautiful. It's how He speaks to me. This has been the craziest most gut wrenching most beautiful experience of my entire life. I met people I never would have. Experienced things and did things I never dreamed possible. I stepped outside of all that I was and met God face to face. And it changed me in a way that only He can. I wouldn't change it. I'll take it all. The good, the bad, the tears and all the heartache. Because it brought me right here. Thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment