Friday, August 30, 2013

5 Minute Friday - Worship

Joining Lisa Jo and the girls for 5 Minute Friday.  No re-write or edits and love those that came before you.

Today: WORSHIP

Go..

There are times when I just want to lay down and cry.  Those are the times I am learning that I need to worship.  On days filled with rushing around and nothing going right and every decision feels like it's the wrong one.  Those are the times to whisper..thank you anyways Lord.  I know there is purpose.  When the hurt cuts like a knife yet again and the wounds feel as if they will never heal, those are the times to worship.  To remember His wounds, He bore for us and that they did heal.  He didn't stay broken.  It is when I lay in bed yet again, wondering in the dark, what Lord, what are You wanting me to do?  What purpose does this serve?  When will this end?  Worship.  Remember that weeping may endure for a night but that joy does come again in the morning.  When we teach our souls to sing on the hard days, perhaps it will be a reminder on the good days....do not forget the Lord Your God, Who brought you out....and oh, how I have forgotten to worship in the past.  But this time, I pray it is a seal over my heart.  Thankful.

3 comments:

  1. You are so right. I too must remember to worship Him on those incredibly hard days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is never an easy task, but somehow it sinks in and begins to heal those desperate places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friend, I see that worship coming from your heart on those hard days. You shine...and you are a blessing. Love to you! :)

    ReplyDelete