Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sunday Scripture

Galatians 1:10

The Voice (VOICE)
10 Do you think I care about the approval of men or about the approval of God? Do you think I am on a mission to please people? If I am still spinning my wheels trying to please men, then there is no way I can be a servant of the Anointed One, the Liberating King.
 
My verse today.  What does my life say?  While it isn't my intent to seek the approval of people, I do want them to see Him through my life.  That is a hard balance sometimes.  And I fail a lot.  But what I have learned over the course of the last week or so is that we are always going to battle our flesh.  It's less about what we do...and that's not to say our actions aren't important....but it's the motive behind what we do.  Our heart condition.  Why I do something is what God is really looking at, when I get it wrong, and maybe especially when I get it right.  He needs to be the Who behind all that I do.  Yes I smiled when I realized I rhymed ;)  My heart is just overflowing today, it's coming out in weepy tears....God is moving.  That is all together terrifying and exciting to me in the same breath.  But as always, I just wanna be His girl.  Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment