Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sunday Scripture - When We Get Weary

Isaiah 40:30-31

New Living Translation (NLT)
30 Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion.
31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.

My verse today....yes, weary.  I have been walking lately just one step at a time.  It's about all I can muster these days.  Maybe that's not so bad.  I have to slow down to see, to hear what He is asking of me.  Moving into a place I haven't been before.  The door He opened almost 2 years ago, I know He's is moving me out of, into something new and I just have no idea.  He's taking my training wheels off.  This is a scary concept for me.  Mostly because if you knew me and bicycles....

The "what if's" crowd in and I start to get a little unsure.  But this is right.  This is the way.  And I think perhaps He's wanting me to cling to Him at every step.  Because when I go off on my own,....call out the search party, baby girl got lost again....and I don't want that.  It's about doing the hard work now still.  And I have been for a long, long time.  And that is mostly because I ran off on my own for an even longer time and got myself into just a big ol' mess.  And you know what?  He brings me right back to the beginning and says...now, begin again.....God doesn't give up on us, He just keeps bringing us right back around until we get what He's trying to tell us, until we head the direction He has planned for us.  And THAT is what makes me tired.  The same old scenery again and again.  Kind of like running on a track...uugh....those days when we break off and go a different way...hallelujah!!

It's coming.  I believe that.  I love Charles Stanley.  He is truly the bomb.  And He said something while I was watching him preach one time that stuck.  "You reap what you sow, more than you sow, later than you sowed it."  So very true.  How come it's easy to believe that about the bad and not about good?  Maybe because I've mostly experienced the bad.  And it's easier to see that, than it is the good most days.  So I'm walking this.  Just gonna trust.  I'm all in......Thankful.






No comments:

Post a Comment