Thursday, August 1, 2013

Seeking

I made it.  This is it.....my thoughts this morning as I tried desperately to wake up..A year ago, God answered my prayers in a big way....I want to stand on my own two feet Lord....I need to be able to do this.  You have to help me....and He did.  I have gotten so bogged down as of late, that I have forgotten what it is I am called to do.  What He really requires of me.  I whispered prayers, asking for guidance yet again...and my answer came.....my verse this morning brought immediate peace.
Matthew 6:33
Good News Translation (GNT)
33 Instead, be concerned above everything else with the Kingdom of God and with what he requires of you, and he will provide you with all these other things.

Be concerned with what tasks He has set for me each day, because all the rest is subject to change.  If I'm depending on my circumstance, other people, my job, relationships...there is going to come a time when they change or fall short or don't measure up to what I think I need.  When I keep my eyes on Him, He will supply all the rest.  And when I look back over the last year and a half, I know it's true.  I know He is there, I know He will handle it.  Sometimes it feels like He has forgotten, but His ways are not our ways, His timing, not like ours. 

So it's a new day...a new year, hopefully a new season.  Thankful.



No comments:

Post a Comment