Thursday, August 22, 2013

Dear Weary Mom - Change

Linking up tday with Hope For The Weary Mom......

Dear Weary Mom,
 
School is upon us....and as much as that may bring cheers on some levels, it brought me walking in a circle for 5 minutes trying to figure out what would make it into the lunch boxes all the while trying to navigate making my coffee....because I slept late...again.  Yes I realize that they are old enough...Senior and Sophomore year.....and can't they make their own lunches, be big kids??
 
Perhaps.  But I also realize that next time this year, I won't have two lunches to make, won't hear my girls alarm clock going off and want to drop kick it, won't have someone saying "Mom I KNOW it's 9 pm...but can't you please get these washed..I NEED them"....yes, all too soon responsibility will be heavy on their shoulders and lifted off of mine...and I'm not quite sure just how I feel about that these days.
 
Change is hard, change is scary, change is something we face in so many areas of our lives.  Change is all around me.  So I have decided to take it one step at a time, one change, one lunch, one load of laundry, the same way I did when they were so very little.  Keep going mama, we've got this and He's got us.  One step at a time. Thankful.
 

1 comment:

  1. I am on the other end of the spectrum. A 1st grader and a not-yet-in-schooler. One stp at a time is sometimes all I got! Change, though, that doesn't get easier, does it?

    Visiting from the Weary Mom link-up.

    ReplyDelete