Friday, May 10, 2013

5 Minute Friday





5 Minutes...No edits....COMFORT.  Go

Comfort is when she says "Mom I'm gonna sleep in your bed tonight".  Even at almost 17, she knows that being in that space somehow will bring the rest she desires.  Safety, a place where nothing can harm her and she can sleep.  Comfort for me, is knowing that in my weakest moments, when I feel as if I can't go any further and have nowhere to turn, I can run to Him and He reminds me that I can find that same comfort, that same peaceful sleep, simply by calling His name.  Simply by saying, I need You Lord.  Be close to me.  Watch through the night and let me rest.   My earthly comforts are not all that I desire right this moment, but in that I have found the true Comforter.  I need not be afraid of the terror in the night.  He is there.  No need to fear.  And my sould find the rest it has been so desperately seeking.

Stop.

2 comments:

  1. Amen. So glad you linked up before me at FMF! Your post is so true and so encouraging. "He comforts us in all our troubles..." Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! He is our comfort! Beautiful and thank you for sharing! Here from FMF!

    ReplyDelete