Monday, May 13, 2013

Proverbs 31

Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30 GNT


 The Proverbs 31 Woman had always made me feel overwhelmed.  And then I have moments of thinking really God?  This is what guys desire?  Where did you put these guys?  Iceland? I'm joking...but there are days....

I read about her and I think how fantastic she must be.  She's a busy woman.  She's got her ducks in a row and some super strong coffee going on over there.  She laughs at the future, knowing she is secure in the Lord.  I don't laugh at the future.  I pretty much cry at it most of the time lately.  It's hard to see past today and there are times I'm not sure I want to if it's the same old re-run.  Do you get like that?  Seems like this weeping night has lasted way longer than should actually be possible....I forget at times what joy feels like.  I wonder at times if it will just always be hard.  If hard is what I settled into and the good times have rolled away.

When I read that verse this morning, I understood it on a much deeper level.  Yes, we can get our own way with charm.  I've done it myself.  I have paid the price for that.  A price that was not worth what I set out to get.  Beauty disappears.  Our youth will not last forever and although we may be physically attractive, there just has to be more.  But honoring the Lord, that is what is to be praised.  Why?  It's the only thing that is truly life giving.  It renews your insides and outside and allows you to in turn breathe life into all that is around you.  Charm and beauty, usually are one sided.  But honoring God, that is all encompassing.  As you bless others, you are in turn renewed and blessed.  It's the one thing that the more you give, the more you receive back into you. 

Just my musings on a Monday morning......

2 comments:

  1. totally cracking up....iceland??!! haha! but really....waiting on the Lord is one of the hardest things i've faced in my walk with Him. trusting and resting in that trust ~ SO hard. i desperately want to be that proverbs 31 woman but i forget that i have to lay back into Him and allow Him to transform me into that woman. I can't do it on my own and too often i'm trying to achieve that lofty goal in my own power! love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well everyone looks fabulous in a parka ;)I for one think you are doing a marvelous job. You have been leeting Him do an amazing work in you. I love you too. Waiting is preparation....it's gonna be fabulous :)

      Delete