Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunday Scripture


Don’t be anxious about things; instead, pray. Pray about everything. He longs to hear your requests, so talk to God about your needs and be thankful for what has come. And know that the peace of God (a peace that is beyond any and all of our human understanding) will stand watch over your hearts and minds in Jesus, the Anointed One. Philippians 4:6-7 VOICE
 
What makes you anxious?  What things or situations can set you heart beating faster than running a half marathon? For me it is holding fast to your word.  I have been let down in the natural by people in my life...when they say they will come through and then don't.  And it has fed my sense of insecurity and rejection for many years.  So I am not all that surprised when God keeps bringing around these situations that I have absolutely no control over.  I must depend on others to help me.  And. I. Hate. It. Why? Because I have to admit dependence on others.  And I don't want to be let down anymore.  So these are the things He uses to show me that I am not an island, I can't do it all and I do need others. 
 
But even still, when people let us down, God wants to remind us that He will not.  And for me that's a hard lesson, because my heart says otherwise.  It screams look sister, there is no more room for anymore band aids on me!  It's hurting, it's sore, it aches and there are times when I think God if You let me down this is truly gonna be the end of me.  But He doesn't does He?  It's when we open our hearts to Him, He begins to cut away the protections, remove the shards of brokenness and run Living water over those bruised and battered places.  Healing.  Trust.  Peace.  His peace will stand watch over our hearts.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment