Saturday, May 4, 2013

This One Thing Remains

Do not forget to rejoice, for hope is always just around the corner. Hold up through the hard times that are coming, and devote yourselves to prayer. Romans 12:12 VOICE

Constant.  A word that is hard for me.  Something that I have always longed for, but was rarely able to achieve.  Always changing my mind, fearful of making the wrong choice.  What if I failed? What if it was the wrong choice, what if I should hold out for more, for better....what if? 

On this journey of mine He has called me to be the constant.  This has been a hard lesson learned. I had to let Him be that for me first.  That was terrifying.  To come from a place where everything around me crumbled and all I had to hold onto were a handful of verses He had given me so long ago.  He used those...to show He is constant.  They have been a steady theme, flowing through my life for the past 18 years....slowly He has revealed to me the purpose of those words planted so very long ago.

This week has left my head swirling, my eyes red and my nose protesting with each swipe of a tissue.  Some from a cold that has come to visit me and the rest from what seems to be a test at every corner.  Come On God SERIOUSLY.  Yet at every turn, He shows Himself....constant.  Constant in the trial, constant in the testing, constant in His love for me and I am believing, OH, how I am believing, CONSTANT in His promises.....

No comments:

Post a Comment