Friday, May 17, 2013

5 Minute Friday

Friday.  Thankful.  Five Minutes, no edits, love those that came before you...Today is SONG.  Go...

My song has changed so many times over the course of my walk with Him.  As of late, my tears have been my song more than anything else.  But in my weeping, that's what He hears, beauty of a child broken before Him.  Calling out, seeking Him, asking for change, for grace, for mercy.  And just like yesterday, He reminds me that He sings over me.  Singing soothes, calms, quiets, empowers, reminds, pushes forward.....Songs bring back memories, smiles, tears, heartaches and songs remind you that you can begin again.  Begin again.  Sing a new song.  Like learning the words to something you have never heard before.....beautiful, and exciting and your favorite thing running through your head...

STOP.

8 comments:

  1. May He sing sweet songs to your weary heart ...

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I love is that though our song may change, He doesn't. Praying He will send encouragement your way...blessings to you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, tears have been my song. They have sung a song of both pain and of hope, sorrow and joy. They sing soft but strong and He hears everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the thought of Him singing over me...thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zephaniah 3:17 - Seems to be the song of the day ...

    Enjoyed your post.

    Thanks,Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed. The songs are refined. They change.

    ReplyDelete