Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Get Back Up

Luke 22:31-32 The Voice

31 Simon, Simon, how Satan has pursued you, that he might make you part of his harvest. 32 But I have prayed for you. I have prayed that your faith will hold firm and that you will recover from your failure and become a source of strength for your brothers here.

Recover.  Strength.  Some days I wonder if I will be able to and if I have what it takes.  Days like yesterday.  "What are you going to do?" He kept asking me.  "Do you trust Me?"  And I finally came to the realization that yes, yes I do.  Because for me there is no other option.  None.  I CANNOT go back.  It would destroy me.  And then the verse......Luke 22.....sifting...get back up.....and when you do.......WHEN you do, no if's there....go and help.  Period.

And in pretty much my weakest moment when I seriously questioned why, WHY, does this have to keep on Lord?  I know I am stubborn, I know!  But COME ON!!!  Just smack me off the donkey already and let me outta here!! My precious sister sent me this....and I knew.

2 Corinthians 7:11-16

The Message (MSG)
11-13 And now, isn’t it wonderful all the ways in which this distress has goaded you closer to God? You’re more alive, more concerned, more sensitive, more reverent, more human, more passionate, more responsible. Looked at from any angle, you’ve come out of this with purity of heart. And that is what I was hoping for in the first place when I wrote the letter. My primary concern was not for the one who did the wrong or even the one wronged, but for you—that you would realize and act upon the deep, deep ties between us before God. That’s what happened—and we felt just great.


 He's bringing me here...to my spacious place (see my friend Christine's beautiful post).  He gave me this answer on Monday.....althought I had no idea how He would be tying it all together.  He does that.  Reveals, plants dreams, prepares the soil.  Then the rains come.  And the rains have to come.  Because for me, I am learning that is how I grow.  It's how I become stronger.  And the pain of growing does not last forever.  I have to keep reminding myself of that too.  We will bear fruit in Him.  We will come into a season of harvest.  Write it down.  Run with it.  At the appointed time, His words will come to pass.  Promise. 






2 comments:

  1. I've been reading through the Message Bible more this year, and I love how it will show new truth in a familiar passage. I especially love the verses you share here.

    And this had me nodding my head: " And the rains have to come. Because for me, I am learning that is how I grow." Amen. Not much flourishes in the desert, huh? The rain can be hard but it can be good, too.

    Have a wonderful weekend, Kimberly. Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kristen :) No not much grows in the desert. It seems to be the place for the stripping away of all that is unessential where we seek only one thing.....water, Living Water. It's all that can sustain us in that place. But it's a season I am reminded. Have a great weekend too! Love your words, they bring me much comfrot on many days :)

    ReplyDelete