Thursday, May 16, 2013

Plans

It's just been one of those weeks.  Lots of changes.  Lots of stirrings.  All this upheaval, all the shaking of things that fall away.  I drove past the demolition place this morning on the way to work.  All the debris is gone.  All that once stood and was crumbled is now completely removed.  The foundation is level, wiped cleaned, ready for what new will come.  I feel like that's me, that's the place He is bringing me to.  I can't see it, evidence of anything other than what is right here, in plain view.  But I am feeling deep in my heart, that He has the plans drawn up, much like I am sure the builders do for the property now prepared, leveled, new...waiting for what's to come.  I don't see any plans for it, I don't have any knowledge of what is to come for that land, so stripped and bare, but one day, one day, that beautiful, clear solid ground will begin again.....with something new.  He's got the plans, He knows the design. 

This morning I woke to a verse that is so precious to me.  It's like feeling the the voice of God whispering to me each time I read it.  He gave it to me long, long ago and I had forgotten it.  Last May, at a funeral of a sweet friend, it was her verse.  And when her family shared it, those words pierced deep.  Promising what would eventually come.  Eventually.  And so today I stand, pretty much like that leveled piece of ground.  Empty, yet solid.  Cleared of the old, waiting for the new, He whispers it yet again.  Knowing the rawness of my heart and emotions.  Seeing the marks that the removal of all this has left.  I wait.  I believe.  I trust.

Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV)
17 The Lord your God is with you,
the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
but will rejoice over you with singing.”
 
The beauty of those words, that promise, makes me weep.  Partially in relief that I know this won't last always and in another way, that He knows His child so well, that He knows exactly the words I need to hear.  All written in my Bible, so very long ago, appointed for me at 5:00 am this morning and whenever He bring them to me again.....He knows.  He has the plans.  He is the Restorer, the Builder, the Artist, the Creator.  And so my other precious verse that I received twice in two different places this morning was this:
 
Psalm 139:13-14 The Voice
13 For You shaped me, inside and out.
You knitted me together in my mother’s womb long before I took my first breath.
14 I will offer You my grateful heart, for I am Your unique creation, filled with wonder and awe.
You have approached even the smallest details with excellence;
Your works are wonderful;
I carry this knowledge deep within my soul.
 
He knows.  So while I am not filled with joy abounding this morning, and there is still so much deep with in me I am unsure of, that stream of hope, of Living Water, runs deep within my soul.  And I will praise Him with the strength that comes from that.  I will let it sink in and water my very weary soul, preparing it for what IS to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment