Sunday, May 26, 2013

And The Child That Is Born On The Sabbath Day

                                                    And the child that is born on the Sabbath day
                                                       Is bonny and blithe, and good and gay.

Bonny: Physically attractive or appealing; pretty. Excellent
Blithe: Showing a casual and cheerful indifference considered to be callous or proper.
            Happy or joyous.
The child born on the Sabbath day. I actually was born on Sunday. And when I looked up the definition of bonny and blithe, the above is what I found. To be bonny is a blessing for sure, but what I know to be true is that you can have the most beautiful outside, but if your inside is rotten, it makes your outside appearance worth very little. When you have Jesus living and breathing inside you and He shines His light from the inside out, well, there in nothing so beautiful. 
And lastly blithe. I want a casual and cheerful indifference...to thing things of this world. I want to be callous to the arrows of the enemy...because I am too busy being happy and joyous in the Lord, the joy and happiness that comes from His goodness, living my life in the proper way.....being that girl that runs after God's own heart.
Psalm 51:12
The Voice (VOICE)
12 Give back to me the deep delight of being saved by You;
let Your willing Spirit sustain me.

No comments:

Post a Comment