Thursday, May 2, 2013

Yet I Will Praise Him

Habakkuk 3:17-18

The Voice (VOICE)
17 Even if the fig tree does not blossom
and there are no grapes on the vines,
If the olive trees fail to give fruit
and the fields produce no food,
If the flocks die far from the fold
and there are no cattle in the stalls;
18 Then I will still rejoice in the Eternal!
I will rejoice in the God who saves me!
 
I don't know this place I stand.  As I look around, I see His work, His hand in all of this.  Yet still, His whisper to me in the very early of morning "Begin again".  And it makes me sigh.  But I notice something different...I just say ok Lord.  Ok.  I don't have to know the answer.  And as I see what He has done in me and around me, what harvest obedience is beginning to reap, the scripture above came to mind again.
 
Lord, even though I cannot see what You are doing in all this, I will praise You.  Even though I am so weary, I will rejoice in the miracles You have already brought forth.  Even though I still only see so much death and destruction of a life that was, I see the beauty in all the breaking.  I praise You for what You have already done, I praise You for what You are still doing, I praise You for what is to come.  Whatever it is.  Because You promised, never to leave me, never to forsake me.  Because even if all else fails, You won't.

6 comments:

  1. Kimberly,
    Your words remind me of David's in the psalms. Even though you see devastation, you praise God in the midst of it and thank him for never leaving nor forsaking you. Praise in the midst of trial is a beautiful offering. So glad I stopped by to your blog!
    Blessings,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bev for such kind words. I think at times we don't realize what an encouragement they can be :) I'm glad you stopped by as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This won't soon leave me, Kimberly. Such a good word for me today.

    "Because even if all else fails, You won't."

    Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a study on Habakkuk not to long ago and so loved the message. You have captured so beautifully and have touched my heart today.
    Many blessings.

    ReplyDelete