Monday, May 27, 2013

Road Maps


Proverbs 21:2
The Voice (VOICE)
2 Everyone may think his own way of living is right,
but the Eternal examines our hearts.
 
There have been times in my life where what I was doing seemed to be the right thing.  It seemed like God was blessing me, it seemed like my way was the right way.  But it wasn't.  The more I thought I knew what I was doing and where I was going, the deeper I became ensnared into the trap of the world and suddenly, I looked around and I had no idea where I was....or even who I was.  Have you ever felt that, ever looked around and realized you have gotten so off course that you couldn't find your way back even with a GPS?  I have.  Many times in fact. 
 
As I look at the journey of my last year and a half....this path He has led me on, started me on, before I even knew I was packed and ready....it has been planned, determined, by Him.  I realized my way of living was not right.  I had never fully committed my path to Him.  Partly because I just had not gained enough wisdom to truly understand what He expected of me and the rest, well just pure stubbornness and laziness.  Too hard, too much trouble, it's impossible!! 
 
He has called me to what the world looks at as impossible.  And I look back, especially at what I was walking at this very time last year and I know....I KNOW....He has His hand on me.  No one in their own strength could possibly bear up under the weight of it., have made the choices I made not even understanding why He was asking me to do certain things.....to follow Him only, no matter what it looked like, no matter what it felt like.  All for my protection.  All for my own good.  God examines our hearts.  He knows the child who has made mistake after mistake yet she yearns.....just to do it His way this time.  Everything else has failed.
 
So here I sit.  Thankful.  Still in the midst of this journey I'm not quite sure how to explain.  But I know that He leads me.  I know that He has my hand.  And even though I am the child who always wants to know WHEN we will reach this destination, He still loves me :) And I am slowly learning that part of the fun....yes I said fun....in the midst of all this is seeing Him make roads where there were none before, bring water forth where only a desert had been just seconds before He came on the scene.  Thankful. 
 
Proverbs 21:30-31 NIV
30 There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan
that can succeed against the Lord.
31 The horse is made ready for the day of battle,
but victory rests with the Lord.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment