Tuesday, May 28, 2013

God Sized Dream



We’ve been walking the path of God-sized dreams together for a few months now. Will you share an update with us about your dream? Let us know where you are with it–the happy and the hard. Tell us how we can pray for you and your dream too.

Psalm 59:16

The Voice (VOICE)
16 But me? I will sing of Your strength.
I will awake with the sun to sing of Your loving mercy
Because in my most troubled hour,
You defended me. You were my shelter.

If you had told me that the worst moment in my life was what God would use to bring about His plan for my life I would have said no way!  No good can ever come from such horror.  But I was wrong.  The dream He called me to years ago, 15 years in fact, the one I walked away from, the one I denied wanting, the one I thought was crazy....yeah, He said "Not so fast there baby girl...."

And part of what made me run away from it all is also the very same thing that keeps me pushing forward now.  I'm stubborn and I have a wherewithal and determination like no other.  And once I set my mind to it, I will accomplish the task set before me.  I don't quit.  He made me like that.  For a purpose.  For this hardest of seasons. 

As He is slowly bringing me into all that He is doing in my life, I have had to go through some major demolition.  And that is painful.  Preparing the ground for new is painful too.  But little by little, He is restoring.  Right now the work He is calling me to is writing on my blog and being His hands and feet right where I'm at and I am doing things I never dreamed I could, all with the people He has surrounded me with. They are a part of my family. 

Psalm 68:6
The Voice (VOICE)
6 He makes a home for those who are alone.
He frees the prisoners and leads them to prosper.
Yet those who rebel against Him live in the barren land without His blessings and prosperity.


Where He's going with this, I can't say, but I do know that His words won't ever fail.  So I pray still for healing to continue in my life and that He will keep leading me into my spacious place.  That I will let Him do His work in me on this journey of mine and that I will continue to remember all that He has delivered me from.  I am thankful for those He has surrounded me with.  He has added to my family in so many ways and for them I am so grateful.

Joel 2:25

The Voice (VOICE)
25 Eternal One: I will compensate you for the years
that the locusts have eaten—the swarming locusts,
The creeping locusts, the stripping locusts, and the cutting locusts—[a]
My great army that I unleashed against you.







 

Isaiah 61:7

The Voice (VOICE)
7 Many called you disgraced and defiled and said that shame should be your share of things.
Yet you suffered doubly and lived in disgrace;
So double will be your share, and with joy everlasting.

4 comments:

  1. "Where He's going with this, I can't say, but I do know that His words won't ever fail." Isn't this really what following His dreams are all about. 6 Months ago when we all started the journey together I thought our dreams had to be alike. That they all had be great on the world's scale but He has taught me through you and my other GSD sisters that our dream is whatever He has called us to at this time. Thank you for sharing your dream. It is a precious one indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember thinking that my dream didn't seemed God sized at all!! He has proven otherwise. When He calls us, whatever it is, is important :) He reminds me not to despise the small.....great things in the light of eternity are measured very differently than things of this world. So grateful for all this I have met on this journey!!

      Delete
  2. Oh friend, of all the days I click on your blog!! Joel 2:25!! LOVE it!! Beautiful post! KEEP GOING! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Christine! That just made my day. He proves over and over again He is right here. He sees it all. So thankful for you and your words :) I'm gonna keep going :) your words always show me someone has gone before and He will make a way.

      Delete