Thursday, October 31, 2013

31 Days of Encouragement - Finished



31 Days...it's been awesome :) They say if you can do, or not do, something consistently for 21 days then it becomes a habit, a new routine.  I believe that.  Sometimes in the day in and day out of whatever we may be walking, it's easy to forget why we started.  The "routine" of it all, can become something that we have become used to.  Sometimes we just need to look back and remember.

God called me back to writing almost 2 years ago.  Writing in a way I had never known before.  God also called me into relationship with Him unlike any I had ever experienced.  All my then 17 years of walking with Him prepared me for this.  Yesterday, a hard day for me, I had to make a choice yet again.  I had to remember why I even began this journey, what was it that He was even asking of me that has brought me here? In the beginning, I was in such a place of pain and confusion that inevitably, I came to the point of having to choosing what road I would take.  The world said one thing, but the One Who was in my heart said something quite different.  It's your choice baby girl.....which way....and I promised Him that I would do it His way this time.  Because my way had circled me right back round to where I started from, only worse off in so many ways than when I had begun.

I started this journey because I believe that He does know best.  I believe in my faith.  I believe that God loves me and He has a plan, even on the days when it downright stinks.  I believe I have a purpose.  I believe in miracles.  I believe that He Who began this work in me isn't done. I started this road to honor a commitment, a vow that I made.  I started because unconditional love is something you have to give away long before you can ever hope to have it come back to you.  But I found that the greatest love already rested in my heart.  The love of a Father for a daughter.  The love that was willing to wound so that healing could come.  I started this because I just didn't know how to do it any other way this time.  And He will finish it. Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment