Thursday, October 24, 2013

31 Days of Encouragement - Go


I don't know about you, but there are days.....I want to quit.  This is way more than I ever signed up for, it's not easy, a lot of times I'm walking it alone and I.Am.Tired....but here's what I learned...from running.

When I first started getting back into exercising after being away from it for far too long, half mile walks each day were all I could manage.  When I started going to outdoor classes a couple years ago, I could not run a quarter mile without stopping.  I pretty much cried and whined the whole time.  But I kept doing it.  And now, well what used to seem an impossible task or me is typically my warm up.  That would be running roughly 3 miles....and the first 3 miles SUCK!  And if you are reading this thinking 3 MILES?!?!?! Yeah the first few steps even, are hard.  The middle seems ok, everything is manageable and I feel pretty good. But the end, oh the end, even though you just ran 4 or 5 or whatever, that last mile can feel like it will take forever and you are never ever gonna be able to make it.  But you just keep going, because you must.  Because there is something inside you screaming don't quit NOW!!!!! And you don't.  And that last little bit to the finish, somehow...SOMEHOW you get a wind in you and you sprint it :) Yes you do.  Because you got this! You can do this!!  I believe in you.  Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment