Monday, October 7, 2013

31 Days of Encouragement - Plans



Plans....I'm a planner by nature.  I can organize, clean, recall dates, times, events.....everything is pretty much at my fingertips.  And that is a blessing and in some ways, something that I have to submit to Him to help not let it control me.  When we depend on our plans, we shut God out and put Him in a box. We makes plans....but He orders our steps.  Can I make my plans and leave room for God to change them?  I'm learning.  His ways are not mine, His thoughts higher than anything I could ever imagine.  So for this girl to say...I trust You Lord, I don't have to know the answer....well let's just say that takes a lot of dying to self. And it has been my life over the past 22 months.  My plans did not turn out like I thought.  But His plans brought me to a place I never thought I would be.  It's hard to keep believing the best when it still feels like this is the worst.  It isn't really, He said His plans are for my good....to give me hope and a future.  And while some like to point out that the verse referenced above (Jeremiah 29:11) speaks to the Israelites being held in exile for 70 years....still, God's word can tell what the story was and He can use it to instill hope in the future generations as well.  I feel like I have been in exile for about 70 years :)  But when I prayed to Him and truly sought Him with my whole heart (Jeremiah 29:13-14) I did find Him and He promised to bring them....and this girl, back from where we were captive.  Maybe you have been running for a real long time too.  It's no fun, I know.  But He's got these plans, for you...for me.....and so my prayer for us today is this, that we seek Him and His face, and let Him do the rest....Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment