Tuesday, October 22, 2013

31 Days of Encouragement - Spirit



I read a post yesterday that resonated with me.  When I saw that big, black cow as the page came up, I thought, wow......that's what it feels like has been staring me down lately.  I am reminded time and time again that this battle rages and more often in ways that I cannot begin to imagine.  These are the times when literally, all you may be able to do is praise and give thanks.  And I believe that these are the times that bully gets the angriest.  Because in those times, we are surrendering, admitting, we don't have the ability to do this on our own.  But we can praise and give thanks to the One who does.  A battle was once won with singers :) Scared the enemy so bad the killed each other! My sweet friend Christine wrote about that recently. So it seems maybe you and I aren't the only ones feeling pushed around lately. And I'm learning to push right back...with prayer and thanksgiving and song.  Weapons long hid...perhaps it's time we change it up a little. Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment