Thursday, October 17, 2013

Hope for the Weary Mom - Home



Zechariah 9:11-12 (MSG)
11-13 “And you, because of my blood covenant with you,
    I’ll release your prisoners from their hopeless cells.
Come home, hope-filled prisoners!
    This very day I’m declaring a double bonus—
    everything you lost returned twice-over!
Dear Weary Mom,

I dropped coffee off to my girl this morning and she denied the cinnamon roll I had cut up and put on a plate for her to eat quickly before the bus.....I'll take it with me mom.....I walked into my boy's room.  I told him it was time to get up and handed him his coffee milk and as he looked at me through one eye, I offered him a bite of the breakfast that awaited him.  What kind of place is this with such service?!? I teased him....he smiled at me and said....home.  And such a flood of gratefulness swept over me.  The above verse has stuck in my heart all week.  For almost two years now, we have lived here, but we weren't here.  It felt like my soul was in prison, my emotions held captive, my ability to live chained in a state of hopeless.  We all wandered around for sometime wondering how...how do we get back.....

Lately God has been opening and closing, renewing and reviving, restoring and reminding....and when I read that verse this week, it put my feelings into words.  I have been the hope filled prisoner trying desperately to get back home, back to where He is, back to where I belong.  And this was such a reminder that you can live in a space, but it doesn't mean anything.  Home is a state of being.  A condition of your heart.  A place that your very soul belongs.  And here we are...we are home.  Thankful.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love how personal God is- giving us truth through His word that comforts. Blessed by your words today!

    ReplyDelete